Tuesday, August 16, 2005

DVDs I can view Over and Over and Over... No. 1

**FLYING CONDITIONS: Mostly Sunny; Breezy**

Signs



I love this movie. I can suspend disbelief quite easily so the whole "twist" doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I think the whole scene from beginning (reflection in the tv screen) to the end of the movie is one of the lovliest examples of soundtrack/editing synchronicity I've ever seen.

I'm not a film critic - I just love it, love it, love it. This movie gives me hope that I can accomplish my goals, not matter what the odds. I always feel better after watching Signs.

Here is my take on Shyamalan's films: People expect them to be "scary." Honestly, the never scare me. I think his movies are marketed wrongly towards the horror-thriller crowd. Yes, he uses unusual premises, but really, his films are about more classic issues. The Sixth Sense is about acceptance of who you are. Unbreakable focuses on that as well, but adds the idea of balance. Signs is about faith and synchronicity and The Village is about how one deals with fear.

I love Shyamalan movies, so there!

3 comments:

colombina said...

It is very late to comment, but I must. I just stumbled on your blog a couple of days ago and may I just say how stunning it is, your photos are incredible.
Signs is one of my absolutely favourite movies, I can watch it "over and over and over". It is so very well done, the story line is completely "rounded", characters are incredibly human and believable and actors have done a great job (I also think Joaquin Phoenix is stunning, so that helps a lot :-)).
Anyway, many thanks for your wonderful blog.
From the fellow Signs-LOTR-X-Files...fan,
Marina

Cerys Clevercrow said...

I am so pleased that you like my blog! Thanks for your lovely compliments.

I agree with your Signs observations and I can't wait for the next Shyamalan film, as well as the next X Files movie, which I believe starts filming at the end of this year.

aa said...

As I write this post—longhandOffice 2010in a spiral notebook—I’m 20,000 feet above eastern Washington, having Microsoft Office 2010just crossed above the Cascades on my return flight Microsoft wordto Chicago. I visited Seattle for the weekend to Office 2007and I have known each other for 20 years now. They Microsoft Officehad a lovely ceremony, and the trip in general was fantastic.Microsoft Office 2007In the 13 years since I left Seattle, I’ve Office 2007 keyvisited six or seven times, and I always return to wherever has Office 2007 downloadOffice 2007 Professionalbecome home with mixed feelings about the place. It Outlook 2010both alarms and pleases me to see howMicrosoft outlookthat once-familiar areas seem almost foreign. ForMicrosoft outlook 2010neighborhoods have changed, to the point Windows 7 as have cookie-cutter, here-today-and-gone-tomorrow nightclubs that cater to the shiny shirt crowd.