Friday, October 14, 2005

Hallowe'en Preparations

**FLYING CONDITIONS: Partly Cloudy; Foggy**

Needless, to say, Halloween is my favorite holiday. By October 1st, I've usually already begun setting up the Halloween decorations. I have a whole 17th century, Witch's cottage theme going on and we add to it every year.

On Halloween itself, we put on a show! We have a professional fog machine, we play sound effects and this year we purchased two inexpensive lighting effects controllers at Target. We have already tested all this out and I'm sure our neighbors think were completely insane.

To top it all off, I dress as a witch and pass out candy from my cauldron. We even put a red light in a pile of wood so it looks like there is a fire going underneath the cauldron.

Last year we decided there was not enough light, so we are going to have 11 jack-o-lanterns on Halloween. I'll make sure to post pics!




My creations.


"Jack" is based on the Scarecrow seen in the beginning of Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

The house at night.

Jack at night.

8 comments:

kimw said...

That is awesome! I wish I could be at your house on Halloween.

Cerys Clevercrow said...

I wish you could be here, too!

Annieytown said...

You did a great job!
I bet your neighbors went nuts! LOL

colombina said...

I would love to be in your neighborhood this Halloween :-), your house looks wonderful and all preparations sound like such fun.

Cerys Clevercrow said...

Annie:
They probably did, but are as saccharine as ever!

Colombina:
Thanks! We have a great time with it.

CarolynVB said...

What fun! It looks great! We get like 8 kids here on Halloween...no fun at all really. I still buy six bags of candy though...just in case!

Cerys Clevercrow said...

We don't get as many kids as we'd like, but we still have a ball. The little ones are wonderful. It all seems "real" to them and the look on their faces is one of complete awe.

aa said...

As I write this post—longhandOffice 2010in a spiral notebook—I’m 20,000 feet above eastern Washington, having Microsoft Office 2010just crossed above the Cascades on my return flight Microsoft wordto Chicago. I visited Seattle for the weekend to Office 2007and I have known each other for 20 years now. They Microsoft Officehad a lovely ceremony, and the trip in general was fantastic.Microsoft Office 2007In the 13 years since I left Seattle, I’ve Office 2007 keyvisited six or seven times, and I always return to wherever has Office 2007 downloadOffice 2007 Professionalbecome home with mixed feelings about the place. It Outlook 2010both alarms and pleases me to see howMicrosoft outlookthat once-familiar areas seem almost foreign. ForMicrosoft outlook 2010neighborhoods have changed, to the point Windows 7 as have cookie-cutter, here-today-and-gone-tomorrow nightclubs that cater to the shiny shirt crowd.