Monday, October 31, 2005
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
I am busy today with Halloween preparations, but here are a few terrific Halloween sites for your browsing pleasure.
Pumpkin Seeds Originals
Hop Hop Jingle Boo
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 11:37 AM
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Partly Cloudy**
These are the three favorite past Halloween costumes that I have made for my daughter. My No. 1 fave is Spyro, the Dragon (2rd grade), followed by the wolf (1st grade) and Eowyn/Dernhelm (7th grade).
There is an cute story with the wolf costume. I made a foam moon that was attached to the back of the costume. At one house, there was a Huskie that began howling when he saw my daughter! As we passed the house later in the evening, he also began to howl! I'll never forget it.
The Eowyn/Dernhelm costume lacks serious detail, but I still love it! The faux leatherwork is somewhat cheesy, but considering the materials available and the time-frame, I think it turned out ok!
Spyro, the Dragon
Howl at the Moon
"Begone, foul Dwimmerlaik!"
Halloween Past No. 2
Halloween Past No. 1
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 7:39 AM
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Drizzle**
Interview with the Vampire
Costume Designer: Sandy Powell
Best Costume Design (win): 1995 Saturn Award
Best Costume Design (nom): 1995 British Academy Awards
This movie is brimming with fabulous clothes! From prostitutes to voodoo dolls, everyone is well dressed.
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 9
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 8
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 7
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 6
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 5
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 4
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 3
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 2
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 1
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 8:18 AM
Friday, October 14, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Partly Cloudy; Foggy**
Needless, to say, Halloween is my favorite holiday. By October 1st, I've usually already begun setting up the Halloween decorations. I have a whole 17th century, Witch's cottage theme going on and we add to it every year.
On Halloween itself, we put on a show! We have a professional fog machine, we play sound effects and this year we purchased two inexpensive lighting effects controllers at Target. We have already tested all this out and I'm sure our neighbors think were completely insane.
To top it all off, I dress as a witch and pass out candy from my cauldron. We even put a red light in a pile of wood so it looks like there is a fire going underneath the cauldron.
Last year we decided there was not enough light, so we are going to have 11 jack-o-lanterns on Halloween. I'll make sure to post pics!
"Jack" is based on the Scarecrow seen in the beginning of Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow.
The house at night.
Jack at night.
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 8:00 AM
Wednesday, October 12, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Foggy**
I've been tagged by friend Annieytown over at Blogdorf Goodman to post 20 random facts about myself.
(Kim, Kerri and CarolynVB, TAG-YOU'RE IT!)
My 20 Random Facts:
1. I am a Memorial Day Baby (May 30th; they now call it Traditional Memorial Day.)
2. I played a concert at Carnegie Hall when I was 17, as a member of my High School Symphonic Band.
3. I marched in the Tournament of Roses Parade at age 16, with my high school's marching band. I was in the flag line and was seen on national tv looking like a complete dork.
4. I have had blonde, brunette and red hair.
5. I would LOVE to be a paranormal investigator.
6. I have seen several ghosts.
7. I believe I'm destined for greatness.
8. I think 13 is a terrific number.
9. I communicate better with a pen, rather than with my voice.
10. I don't like talking on the phone.
11. I can speak rudimentary Tolkien Elvish.
12. I'm athletic, but not fond of sports.
13. I work best under pressure.
14. I make rockin' Lasagna, Red Beans and Rice and Chicken Soup.
15. St. Joan of Arc's Catholic feast day is on my birthday.
16. I'm more comfortable behind the lense of a camera than in front of it.
18. I can't stand white walls.
19. I have had past-life memories.
20. Even though I am a lapsed Catholic, I love the trappings of Catholicism, the Virgin Mary in particular. There are so many fantastic names for her: Queen of Heaven, Our Lady of Mercy, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, Our Lady of Sorrows, Our Lady Peace, Queen of Martyrs, Our Lady of the Angels...
21-a. Catholic Church names also rock: Most Precious Blood, Most Holy Crucifix, Immaculate Conception, Sacred Heart, Immaculate Heart of Mary...
21-b. I collect Holy Cards
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 11:01 PM
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Friday, October 07, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Partly Sunny**
hoar·frost: Frozen dew that forms a white coating on a surface. Also called white frost.
In the cloud gray mornings
I heard the herons Flying
And when I came into my garden,
My silken outer-garment
Trailed over withered leaves.
A dried leaf crumbles at a touch,
But I have seen many Autumns
With herons blowing like smoke
Across the sky.
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 10:31 AM
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
**FLYING CONDITIONS: Mostly Sunny; Breezy**
I am a freelance graphic designer, but lately my projects are few and far between. As a result, I found myself with a bit more free-time, and decided to make a few collages. As I began my first one, the ideas began to flow rapidly. I also had a gut reaction: "I'm sure I can sell these." So, that's what I'm going to do. (I've got to go with my gut on this one!)
Here are a few of the collages. Others can be viewed at my online store Miss Crow's Magical Emporium.
Posted by Cerys Clevercrow at 3:04 PM