Sunday, August 06, 2006

Settling In

**FLYING CONDITIONS: Hazy**



Well, we've been "moved in" for two weeks now. Things are still very hectic. Much has been unpacked, but all that means is that there is a mountain of boxes on the back deck that must be disposed of slowly by means of weekly trash collection. We get rid of about 10-13 boxes a week, so it shouldn't take all that long. (I am eager to be able to see the back yard.)

As excited as we are to be at our new home, I've realized that moving simply stinks. I am completely sick of planning how all the accumulated stuff that we own will "fit" into the new house, not to mention the constant shuffling of items that should have been disposed of years ago. Why I packed and moved all this unnecessary junk is beyond me.

Normally, I would view this as an opportunity to finally purge the family of the years of pack-ratted junk, but being only a week and a half from my due-date, all I feel is a sense of dread that I will be bringing the newest member of our family home to a house of chaos. This puts my stomach into knots.

In the end, this experience is very overwhelming. When I look around all I see is work to be done - not just immediate stuff, but future projects as well. I am excited for those future projects, but right know they just fill my brain. Add to that the restrictions of being 9 months pregnant and the normal concerns of bringing home a new baby, and I about ready to pop on all fronts!

Serenity now!

(I don't think I'll be finding it anytime soon.)

Cerys

2 comments:

The Linda said...

Don't stress yourself. Take a deep breath and realize that life is too short for stress. I know, I know, easier said than done, but try and try to believe it :-). Do what you can in whatever time it takes. It's all good. And it's all right.

Have a blessed day and know someone out there is wishing you serenity right this very minute!!

aa said...

As I write this post—longhandOffice 2010in a spiral notebook—I’m 20,000 feet above eastern Washington, having Microsoft Office 2010just crossed above the Cascades on my return flight Microsoft wordto Chicago. I visited Seattle for the weekend to Office 2007and I have known each other for 20 years now. They Microsoft Officehad a lovely ceremony, and the trip in general was fantastic.Microsoft Office 2007In the 13 years since I left Seattle, I’ve Office 2007 keyvisited six or seven times, and I always return to wherever has Office 2007 downloadOffice 2007 Professionalbecome home with mixed feelings about the place. It Outlook 2010both alarms and pleases me to see howMicrosoft outlookthat once-familiar areas seem almost foreign. ForMicrosoft outlook 2010neighborhoods have changed, to the point Windows 7 as have cookie-cutter, here-today-and-gone-tomorrow nightclubs that cater to the shiny shirt crowd.