Monday, December 04, 2006

Cerys' Netflix Queue Review No. 1

**FLYING CONDITIONS: Breezy**

My theater going days have been seriously diminished as a result of latest addition to the family! Because of this, we have finally subscribed to Netflix. As an extension of the wonderful Netflix experience, I will be providing my reviews of our rentals here for all to see. I'm not expert, just opinionated!


The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe

I really wanted to love this movie.

As a child, I read the Chronicles of Narnia over and over. I even named my cat after a character in The Horse and His Boy.

However, I found this film to be lackluster. I just simply did not experience that magic I did while reading the books in my youth. (Perhaps these stories are really meant for younger audiences and I have grown too old.)

The production value was good, although it did bother me that so many things "looked" digital. The casting was adequate - nothing truly wrong there. So why didn't I love it? I really don't know. I just didn't.

C

No comments: