Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Incredible Movie Costumes No. 12

**FLYING CONDITIONS: Fog in the AM; Breezy**

“So fair, yet so cold like a morning of pale Spring still clinging to Winter.”
Eowyn's Coronation Gown
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Costume Designer: Ngila Dickson, Richard Taylor
Best Costume Design (win): 2004 Academy Award
Best Costume Design (win): 2004 Sierra Awards
Best Costume Design (win): 2004 OFCS Awards
Best Costume Design (nominated): 2004 British Academy Awards


It's been a while since I've had a costume post. I think this frock is very appropriate for this time of year - especially when paralleled with the above quote describing Eowyn herself.

This costume is simply lovely, with a touch of delicate embroidery detail. It's refined and regal, without ostentation, which suits Eowyn perfectly. The gown reminds me of the golden glow the sun has in early spring. So charming.


Incredible Movie Costumes No. 11
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 10
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 9
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 8
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 7
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 6
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 5
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 4
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 3
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 2
Incredible Movie Costumes No. 1

7 comments:

Merboy said...

It's so gorgeous! You'd never know the dress's material was so detailed just from the movie! It's amazing how much wasn't/couldn't be shown in the trilogy. But you're right, the costumes were unbelieveable.

By the by, I've bookmarked your blog. I took a breeze through the other entries and I love it.

<3 Michael

*caw, caw*

Merboy said...

Oh and P.S. http://merboy.old-soul.net

Cerys Clevercrow said...

Thanks so much. I've only briefly looked at your site, but it looks great, too!

kimw said...

Yes, gorgeous gown. Wish it were mine :) I'd wear it to this dump they call my office and really brighten the place up!

princess shiny said...

Oh, wow, that's awesomely increadible! .... WOW! *is looking for inspiration for a costume party*
I would go nuts if i had a spare grand or so, :P.
It's amazing how much detail went in to that movie which was never actually seen. I wish they were all in one place - ok, not so much. I might die. Slowly. But with joy.

Samuel said...

Oh!Boy She is hell of a beauty and her Costumes is excellent and the style of the era when kings and queens used to rule hands down

aa said...

As I write this post—longhandOffice 2010in a spiral notebook—I’m 20,000 feet above eastern Washington, having Microsoft Office 2010just crossed above the Cascades on my return flight Microsoft wordto Chicago. I visited Seattle for the weekend to Office 2007and I have known each other for 20 years now. They Microsoft Officehad a lovely ceremony, and the trip in general was fantastic.Microsoft Office 2007In the 13 years since I left Seattle, I’ve Office 2007 keyvisited six or seven times, and I always return to wherever has Office 2007 downloadOffice 2007 Professionalbecome home with mixed feelings about the place. It Outlook 2010both alarms and pleases me to see howMicrosoft outlookthat once-familiar areas seem almost foreign. ForMicrosoft outlook 2010neighborhoods have changed, to the point Windows 7 as have cookie-cutter, here-today-and-gone-tomorrow nightclubs that cater to the shiny shirt crowd.